Online Postgraduate Researcher Welcome Events
Celebrate the start of your research degree — and make connections across all faculties and disciplines
Just beginning your journey as a postgraduate researcher at the University of Bristol? Normally we would be inviting you to one of our Researcher Inauguration events, however, due to current circumstances, we will instead be running a series of online Welcome Events for new postgraduate researchers (PGRs) in 2020-21.
As with our in-person Inauguration event, the online Postgraduate Researcher Welcome Events are a chance to celebrate the start of your research degree and find out about the opportunities available to you throughout your time as a PGR at Bristol.
When is the next online Postgraduate Researcher Welcome Event and how do I register?
The last event of 2021 took place on 17 March. We will be reviewing our approach to welcome events for autumn 2021 over the coming months and new starters will be invited to any future activities via email.
What should I expect from this event?
These events will be hosted on Zoom and will include:
- A welcome from the senior leadership team.
- A short introduction to the Bristol Doctoral College.
- An interactive Q&A session with current PGRs about their own experiences.
- A chance to meet other new PGRs from across the university and share your experiences via small group chats. (This session is optional and you are welcome to leave if you would prefer not to take part.)
- All attendees will receive a £15 voucher to purchase University of Bristol branded merchandise via the Students’ Union online shop (exclusively for event attendees).
Why does the BDC hold Researcher Inaugurations and Welcome Events?
We think Bristol is a special place to do a research degree. It’s not just the culture of innovation, outstanding facilities and unique opportunities that will help you achieve your research ambitions — it’s also our rich and vibrant research community.
Our online PGR Welcome Events are a chance to meet other members of this multidisciplinary community, make connections and receive an official welcome from the University.
For further details, please contact Alice Ferns or Robert Doherty via email@example.com.