Information for new postgraduates
We are delighted that you will be joining us to carry out your MSc by Research or PhD programme, congratulations!
General information for all new students can be found on the University website at https://www.bristol.ac.uk/students/new/
NEW ON 20th September
The main University welcome page has been updated to include more information about Welcome Week events and links to online activities. See Welcome Week events for details.
For all students University general welcome information 2021 (PDF, 117kB) includes Covid-19 and life on campus.
Additional general information for all new students can be found on the University website at https://www.bristol.ac.uk/students/new/.
A list of welcome events organised by the Global Lounge can be found at Global Lounge events (PDF, 103kB)
- Due to COVID-19 we strongly encourage you to:
- Wear a face covering (unless exempt)
- Take a lateral flow test the morning of the event
- Maintain distance between other attendees whilst standing
- Read and adhere to the University guidance for UoB students under ‘Stay Safe’
- Due to COVID-19 we will ensure:
- There is hand sanitiser and wipes available
- There is appropriate ventilation (doors will be open where possible)
- Attendees should stay seated once they are in the lecture theatre and minimise the time they are moving around.
- The University request that staff and students who are experiencing COVID related symptoms stay at home and request a PCR test
The Bristol Doctoral College (BDC) will be running PGR Welcome Events, which are a chance to meet other members of our multidisciplinary community, make connections and receive an official welcom fromthe University. These run fortnightly from 28 September 2021 until the end of November and on a less regular basis from January 2022. You can find further information at their website.
We look forward to welcoming you to the School but if you have any queries in the meantime please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.