News in 2018
- Beating Bowel Cancer with the John James Bristol Foundation 14 February 2018 Bristol’s Bowel Cancer Research group led by Profs Ann Williams and Chris Paraskeva were honoured to host a visit from the John James Bristol Foundation last week to mark 20 years of research funding.
- MP Thangam Debbonaire visits the School 2 February 2018 The School welcomed MP for Bristol West, Thangam Debbonaire on Friday 2 February, to meet with researchers and explore the Schools laboratories, where cutting-edge cancer research takes place.
- Dr Nibras Khamees has passed his PhD viva 31 January 2018 Dr Nibras Khamees has passed his PhD viva on 30 January 2018. His thesis was entitled ‘The Role of Human Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Osteomyelitis’. Nibras was co-supervised by Dr's Wael Kafienah and Darryl Hill.
- Dr Abderrahmane Kaidi: 2018 elife Ambassador 30 January 2018 Dr Abderrahmane Kaidi has been chosen as one of 150 academics from across six continents for the 2018 eLife Ambassador programme.
- Drs Bronwen Burton and Wael Kafienah made Fellows of the HEA 25 January 2018
- Successful CMM Away Day 2018 12 January 2018 The School of Cellular and Molecular Medicine held its Annual Away Day on 11 January 2018 at the Wills Conference Centre.