TIPS Taster Day - Diversifying Doctoral Training
On 25 February 2021, we hosted our first online Taster Day for members of the community who are under-represented in the field of cyber security or come from a non-traditional educational route/background and interested in postgradute research opportunities.
The workshop attendees explored the world of cyber security research and experienced how CDT research students address these global challenges. With researchers from the Bristol Cyber Security Group (BCSG), the CDT Leadership Team provided a packed programme of presentations and group exercises to develop knowledge and understanding of interdisciplinary reserach.
Our one day workshop enabled our attendees to
- experience the world of postgraduate research,
- discover how it engages with the current and future global challenges, and
- learn about postgraduate research opportunities in cyber security.
with sessions on
- Perspectives on interdisciplinary cyber security research
- Why cyber security research matters
- Thinking like a researcher
- Being a researcher
- Framing research questions
- Career opportunities for a PhD student
- Exploring the student experience with current CDT students.
If you would like to attend our next CDT Taster Day in November 2021, please register your interest via our Eventbrite page.