Future cities and communities
From environmental apocalypse to technocentric smart cities - what are all the possible futures for our communities?
- Enabling low carbon transitions
- Supporting resilience and adaptation
- Promoting health, happiness and well-being
- Providing smart infrastructure
- Engaging communities, supporting inclusion
- Advancing urban policy, planning and economics
- Systems Thinking for comprehensive city Efficient Energy Planning (STEEP)
- Preparing people for a digital future
- UK Collaboratorium for Research on Infrastructure and Cities (UKCRIC)
- Modelling urban flood risk
- Redistributed manufacturing
- ICT for Climate Change Adaptation
- Sustainability impacts of the digital transformation
- Sustainable Personal Transport
- Delivering the 'future city'
- Urban ID
- International Centre for Infrastructure Futures (ICIF)
- Age-friendly cities
The Human Element
The Systems Centre is leading in the application of Systems Thinking to create value within socio-technical complexity
Did you know?
The city of Bristol was European Green Capital in 2015 and the Cabot Institute played a large part in helping to realise this award by holding over 100 events to showcase the work of a variety of people from world experts to local innovators.