BILT’s aims are:
- To advance the use and production of education research and scholarship so that our students benefit from a curriculum that is based in evidence.
- To articulate, champion and support educational excellence at the University.
- Enhance the University's reputation for teaching and learning both nationally and internationally.
- To provide academic and professional support to enable educational enhancement in the institution.
Its objectives are:
- Developing a culture of educational innovation within schools and departments by supporting local educational activities and encouraging the formation of local educational networks.
- Developing an education which is inclusive and flexible by researching and advising the institution on good practice in these areas
- Supporting the Bristol Futures curriculum which seeks to enhance career-readiness within our students.
- Supporting the translation and dissemination of good practice across schools and departments.
- Embedding the principles of education for sustainable development.
BILT's first theme is 'Assessment' and will run from 2017-2020. Its second theme, running from 2018-2021, is 'Rethinking Space's, which explores the interface between technology, education and the active use of teaching and learning spaces.