How to pay your accommodation fees
You don't need to pay any accommodation fees until after you have moved into your accommodation and you have received an invoice. Your invoice will be produced from the 28 September. You will be able to see your invoices online through the MyBristol portal. You must accept your accommodation offer before you can receive an invoice.
Once your invoice has been produced, you can then pay your fees. Please pay online through the MyBristol portal.
In line with our Payment Acceptance Strategy, we are no longer taking cash/cheques or face to face payments.
Please see our fees flowchart (PDF) for a quick way to work out how and when you can make your payments.
You will be given a rent payment card on arrival at the residence, along with instructions of how to make your payments. You can choose to pay in full or in three instalments, in September, January and May (exact date and amount depends on your residence and room type). Visit the A2Dominion website for details of how you can pay.
Setting up a payment
We prefer students to pay by direct debit, but alternatively accept payments online by credit/debit card. You will need to register online and then wait until your invoice is issued, normally the next working day, before you can pay or set up a payment plan.
To make a payment or set up a payment plan, visit the MyBristol portal Fees and Funding channel. The deadline for setting up a Direct Debit is 13 October and the deadline for setting up a payment plan is 20 October.
If you set up a payment plan you need do nothing further for the rest of the academic year, unless we contact you. Payment will be taken automatically on the due dates.
If you set up an online payment plan last year and wish to continue paying by the same method, you must set up a new plan for the new academic year.
Make a payment online via the MyBristol portal using one of the following methods. You may pay an invoice in full or in instalments, please see the section below for payment deadlines.
- Credit or debit card
- We accept all major credit and debit cards except for American Express and Diners Club.
- We offer Dynamic Currency Conversion to allow VISA and Mastercard holders to make transactions in their own currency for the best exchange rate guarantee.
- Direct Debit. We can take authorised payments from your bank account on the dates due. Please check your bank uses the AUDDIS system to take these payments.
- By instalments/payment plan, visit the MyBristol portal Fees and Funding. You must set up your Direct Debit by 13 October. If you miss this date you can set up a recurring card payment (where we take authorised payment(s) from your card) DEADLINE: Please see ‘Payment deadlines’ on how to do this.
Please quote your student number in the reference.
Bank account details:
Account name: University of Bristol Fees Account
Sort code: 20-13-42
Account number: 90923583
IBAN: GB14 BARC 2013 4290 9235 83
SWIFT code: BARCGB22
Bank name: Barclays
Bank address: 53-55 Broadmead, Bristol, BS1 3EA
Please note that, from 18 March 2020, we no longer accept cash or cheque payment
When to pay
Please visit the MyBristol portal to make a payment.
- Payment can be made immediately on receipt of your invoice but the latest date for payment in full is 24 October.
- By instalments. Please note these instalments are not equal, please see your invoice for the breakdown of charges.
Undergraduate home/International – payment dates
- 24 October (40%)
- 24 January (30%)
- 24 April (30%)
Payment instalment deadlines
Direct debit*: set up by 13 October (*Where you authorise collection from your bank account on the payment due dates.)
Recurring card payment**: set up by 23 October. (**Where we take authorised payment(s) from your card.)
To make a payment /view your Financial Statement - visit your MyBristol portal.
The University's fee's and funding team can offer you tips and advice on managing your finances whilst away at University, as well as details of other funding options that may be available to you.