News in 2012
- Congratulations! 8 November 2012 £600k research grant from EPSRC to investigate perceptual redundancy in, as well as new representations for digital video content.
- Scanning Eyes 25 October 2012 Professor Mike Land, University of Sussex
- Bristol-BBC Immersive Technology Laboratory 25 September 2012 A new research collaboration has been started which builds on the strengths of Bristol Vision Institute
- congrats, warm welcomes and fond farwells 17 September 2012 Visual Movers and Shakers
- Young Vision Researcher's Colloquium 2012 29 June 2012 This year we had the honour to host the Young Vision Researcher’s Colloquium.
- BVI technology exploited in new consumer product 25 May 2012 ProVision Communications, University spin-off company
- BVI Camouflage Workshop 2012 17 April 2012 The very first interdepartmental meeting of camoufleurs at the University of Bristol.
- High definition polarization vision discovered in cuttlefish 24 February 2012 Cuttlefish have the most acute polarization vision yet found in any animal, researchers at the University of Bristol have discovered by showing them movies on a modified LCD computer screen to test their eyesight.