Equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) at Bristol Vet School
Bristol Vet School (BVS) is committed to creating a positive, inclusive and supportive environment for all. Here you can find information about our approach to EDI, contacts, information on initiatives and work-life balance at BVS, as well as signposting to University resources.
What is EDI?
We aspire to a fully inclusive culture. We value the diversity of thought, belief and background in our community that enables the University to be effective at challenging accepted norms and resilient in the face of continual change.
Further information on the university EDI mission statement is available here
What are we doing?
- We’re providing a forum for staff and students to voice their views related to equality, diversity and inclusion in Bristol Veterinary School
- We’re continually reviewing equality, diversity and inclusion at Bristol Veterinary School
- We’re developing a strategy for improving equality, diversity and inclusion at Bristol Veterinary School
- We’re implementing positive equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives in Bristol Veterinary School
- We’re supporting the school to achieve Athena SWAN accreditation
Who do we work with?
- University of Bristol Inclusion Team
- Faculty of Health Sciences EDI team
- Bristol Veterinary School staff and students
- Langford Vets
- Other veterinary schools
EDI Committee (link available to staff only)
We believe that bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, assault and discrimination are not acceptable. Students and staff can report something anonymously or get advice.
Staff can also offer feedback and suggestions to the school directly (Support, feedback, suggestions and questions (sharepoint.com)) staff only access
Updates from the University's Equality, Diversity and Inclusion team on Twitter.