The University Secretary
The University Secretary is currently the Registrar and Chief Operating Officer, Ms Robin Geller.
Within the University governance structure, the key roles and responsibilities of the University Secretary are to:
- keep the University Seal and report to Council on its use;
- advise Council on integrity and propriety of governance;
- provide a written report in support of changes to Statutes and Ordinances;
- advise the Chair of Council regarding internal procedures and effectiveness;
- provide guidance to Council on its responsibilities, including legal advice;
- be responsible for the administration of the corporate governance of Council, Court and their respective committees;
- ensure procedural and regulatory compliance;
- advise and support individual Council members (including the Chair);
- perform functions specified in Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations;
- assist with special issues (for example, the appointment of a new Vice Chancellor or Chancellor).
The University Secretary’s Office normally acts for the Secretary in relation to legal and compliance matters. Any correspondence or notices addressed to the University Secretary should be sent to the University Secretary’s Office, Senate House, Tyndall Avenue, Bristol BS8 4EE or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org