Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Oversight Committee
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Oversight (EDI) Committee provides assurance around the University's approach to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
On this page
Responsibilities and terms of reference
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Oversight Committee is one of the committees of the Board of Trustees.
It aims to:
- support the development of long-term governance arrangements for equality, diversity and inclusion
- hold the Executive Group to account for delivering equality, diversity and inclusion strategic objectives in relation to both staff and students.
For full details of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Oversight Committee's responsibilities, see Ordinance 4 - Appendix F.
As a group, the committee members are empowered to make decisions. They can take advice from others attending the meeting.
Members and roles
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Oversight Committee has up to 8 members.
- Ms Jessica Cecil, Independent Trustee (Chair)
- Ms Gillian Bowen, Independent Trustee
- Professor Andrew Carr, Independent Trustee
- Dr Sarah Clarke, Student member of the Board of Trustees
- Mr Michale Pearson, Staff Representative
- Mrs Margaret Simmons-Bird, Additional Member
- Mr Jack Boyer, Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Professor Hugh Brady, Vice-Chancellor and President
If we identify a skill gap in the committee, we will recruit members with this expertise. These individuals usually do not work for the University and will take the role of 'Additional Member'. The committee can appoint up to 1 additional member, who is not a member of the Board of Trustees.
The following staff may attend meetings and offer advice to committee members:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost
- Pro Vice-Chancellor for Student Experience
- Chief Operating Officer
- Registrar and University Secretary
- The Director of People and Organisational Development
They do not have authority to make committee decisions and are not eligible to vote in meetings.
- Current post-holder: Asha Sahni
- +44 (0)117 42 84199
There are currently no vacancies.
Meeting dates and paper submission deadlines 2021/22
- Tuesday 5 October 2021, 2pm
(Paper deadline 21 September 2022)
- Tuesday 5 April 2022, 2pm
(Paper deadline 22 March 2022)