New University car sharing scheme
The Travel to Work Implementation Group is pleased to inform all existing and potential carshare members that we now have a NEW private University of Bristol Car Sharing scheme, hosted and managed by Liftshare.com the UK's largest and most successful car share provider.
Download the car sharing leaflet
To find someone to car-share with, register now
There are many advantages to the new scheme:
- Improved journey registration process
- Improved matching processes
- Improved location data
- Improved mapping facility
- Improved data security
- Greater access to larger critical mass of members
Please direct any queries relating to the new scheme to Amy Watts, Sustainability Manager (Transport): email@example.com
The University of Bristol car sharing scheme
Car sharing is when two or more people share a car and travel together. The University of Bristol car sharing scheme is a free web-based car-sharing facility specifically developed for the University's Transport Plan, to assist staff trying to find a car share companion. Car sharing teams are matched on several criteria including postcode, route to work, times and place of work, preference to share with a male or female, smoker or non-smoker. You don’t have to own a car to car share!
Benefits of car sharing for you
- Saves you money - traveling with others enables you to reduce your transport costs by up to £1000 a year
- Saves you time - enables you to use the 2+ lanes coming into Bristol and each car share team is given a guaranteed parking space at the University*
- Peace of mind - the guaranteed ride home scheme will pay for your journey home in an emergency**
- Reduces the need for you to own a second car or even a car at all
- A good way for you to meet new people
- Reduces the stress of driving to and from work
- Your way of helping to combat congestion and pollution within the city
Benefits of car sharing for the University
- Provides a cheap way for staff to get to and from university
- Reduces levels of traffic and congestion
- Reduces CO2 emissions and pollution
- Reduces parking problems
- Improves relationships between staff
- Widen the recruitment catchment area for staff
Register with the University of Bristol car sharing scheme you could be car sharing tomorrow!
* Guaranteed parking spaces are subject to the car sharing team meeting specific criteria. Only available to car share teams with two or more members of salaried University staff.
** Guaranteed ride home scheme is available in an emergency only and available to all registered car-sharers. If you need to travel home and do not have your car available, Security Services (0117 92) 87848 will arrange for a taxi to take you home and will settle the account for you. Rules governing the Transport Plan apply. This is only applicable to Category A car-share team members.