News in 2012
- Bristol academic listed in The Times 'Top 100 children's doctors' 20 December 2012 Marianne Thoresen, Professor of Neonatal Neuroscience in the School of Clinical Sciences, has been listed as one of the top four Neonatal Medicine specialists in The Times 'Top 100 children's doctors'.
- Latest news from the High Bone Mass study 13 December 2012 2012 has been a busy year for the High Bone Mass study, with the main focus on analysis of huge amounts of data collected from participants and their families.
- Alzheimer’s to benefit from landmark MRC-AstraZeneca compound collaboration 6 November 2012 A study to investigate Alzheimer’s disease led by scientists at the University of Bristol has been awarded funding by the Medical Research Council (MRC).
- Study reveals “unacceptably high” hip resurfacing failure rates 2 October 2012 Hip resurfacing is prone to early failure in many instances, and should not be used in women, according to a study led by the University of Bristol and published Online First in The Lancet.
- Promotions 27 September 2012 Congratulations to staff in the School of Clinical Sciences who have achieved promotion in this year's round!
- Bristol clinical trials units awarded full registration status 24 September 2012 "Strong" application from Bristol Clinical Trials Evaluation Unit for full trial unit registration has been accepted by the UKCRC (UK Clinical Research Collaboration).
- Vacation studentships in the School of Clinical Sciences 18 September 2012 Student Miss Orchi Anannya has successfully completed a 10-week project funded through an award from the Society for Endocrinology.