About the Friends of the Theatre Collection
The Friends Association is a registered charity (reg no. 272392) and actively promotes and supports the Theatre Collection in many valuable ways.
Through special volunteer projects, working with sorting and cataloguing acquisitions, they help enhance the Collection’s accessibility to the public and help strengthen links with other cultural, theatrical and educational organisations.
Working closely with the Theatre Collection staff, the Friends Association also promotes the existence and importance of the Collection; help to organise exhibitions; and raise money to support the Collection’s work.
Recent items which the Friends have generously contributed towards include:
- Two museum-standard display cases;
- A digital camera to record large and three-dimensional objects;
- Training courses for interviewers involved in the recent Oral History Project.
The work and support of the Friends Association makes a lasting contribution.
Become a member
The Friends really do make a difference!
Members of the Friends receive a regular newsletter and are invited to events such as theatre trips and backstage tours. These are often hosted by actors associated with the Theatre Collection, such as our president, Stephanie Cole.
Members of the Friends Association council
- Friends Association annual review 2015 (PDF, 994kB)
- Friends Association annual review 2013 (PDF, 1,752kB)
- Friends Association annual review 2011 (PDF, 349kB)
- Friends Association AGM 2016 draft minutes (PDF, 245kB)
- Friends Association AGM 2016 agenda and talk information (PDF, 365kB)
- Friends Association AGM 2015 minutes (PDF, 261kB)
- Friends Association AGM 2015 agenda (PDF, 223kB)
- Friends Association AGM 2015 poster (PDF, 706kB)
Previous agendas, minutes and posters are available on request
Charity No: 272392
Please email email@example.com