Email signatures must be customised manually within Outlook. We recommend the following format:
Institution name (University of Bristol)
Address line 1 (building name)
Address line 2 (road name)
Address line 3 (city, postcode)
Telephone number 1 (office number, including international code, following the format '+44 (0)117 000 0000')
Telephone number 2 (mobile number, if appropriate)
Messages about our University as below:
A top 3 UK university with leading employers (High Fliers 2017)
A top 5 UK university for research (REF 2014)
A top 10 UK university (QS Rankings 2018)
How to customise your signature in desktop Outlook
- In Outlook, select the 'File' menu in the top left corner
- Select ‘Options’ from the menu on the left
- Select 'Mail' from the 'Outlook Options' menu
- Click on the 'Signatures' button
- Click on 'New' to create a new signature file and give it a short name (eg 'Work signature')
- Enter your signature in the main window below, then click 'OK'
How to customise your signature in Outlook Online
- In Outlook Online, click on the 'Settings' cog at the top towards the right
- Under 'Your app settings' near the bottom, select 'Mail'. A new menu appears on the left
- Under 'Layout' towards the bottom, select 'Email signature'
- Enter your signature in the main window below and check the 'automatically include' boxes as appropriate
- Click 'Save'