Parents and carers
Our information for parent and carers aims to help you navigate open day and support your son or daughter while researching and deciding on their next steps.
Our information talk for parents and carers will focus on choosing a university, the key features of the University of Bristol, and issues that you may face when your son/daughter leaves home for university.
You will need to register for this talk when you or your son/daughter books onto the open day. If you book a place on the parents and carers talk, your booking confirmation email will have a second letter attached confirming your place on this talk.
Before the open day
- Talk to your son/daughter about why they want to study a particular subject and what they are looking for in a university.
- Encourage them to think about questions they might want to ask.
- Bristol is a beautiful city and the University is right at the heart of it. If possible, plan some time to explore.
- Have a look at our information for parents and carers.
- Print and bring with you: your open day booking confirmation email and your parents and carers talk confirmation letter if you have booked onto the talk.
On the day
- Encourage your son/daughter to ask questions for themselves.
- Be supportive if they want to attend all or part of an open day on their own. This is a good chance for them to act independently and good practice for student life.
- Our open days are busy. We try to minimise delays but please be prepared to queue in some instances.
Maps and travel information, including details of our park and ride and free shuttle bus services to campus.
We recommend you give yourself at least 30 minutes to properly explore subject information points and ask your questions.
For booked talks, please plan to arrive at least 5 minutes before the published start time in order to guarantee entry. After this, all remaining seats will be offered to non-booked guests.