Getting to Bristol
Getting to Bristol
You can find lots of information on travelling to Bristol on our maps and travel information page.
We recommend you travel by public transport as parking near the University is extremely limited. If you need to drive, you can find details of park and ride services and car parking at How to get here.
Free bus travel
Designated buses, free for visitors and guests, offer a convenient travel option on your visit day between Temple Meads train station and the main Clifton campus. Buses will also be provided to and from Bristol Veterinary School at Langford and the Clifton campus.
Our stewards in red t-shirts are on hand all day at bus stops to guide you.
Times will differ slightly for the visit day on Saturday 2 March.
Temple Meads train station
- To campus: the bus departs every 30 minutes from 8:30am to 1pm.
- To Temple Meads: the bus departs Woodland Road bus stop A every 30 minutes from 3:30pm to 6pm.
Langford veterinary campus
The Bristol Veterinary School is in the village of Langford, North Somerset, 14 miles south-west of Bristol.
If you are travelling between the main University campus and Langford campus, please allow about one hour for the journey.
- To Clifton campus: the bus leaves Langford at 9am.
- To Langford: the bus leaves Woodland Road bus stop B at 12:15pm.
- To Clifton campus: the bus leaves Langford at 5pm.
Saturday 2 March
On this date only, buses will run:
- Between Temple Meads and campus every 30 minutes from 8am to 6pm.
- To Langford: the bus leaves Woodland Road bus stop B at 8am, 12:15pm and 5pm.
- To Clifton campus: the bus leaves Langford at 9am, 1pm and 5pm.
You may be eligible for a means-tested travel bursary to help towards the cost of your visit day travel if your household income is £42,875 or below, or if you have received a contextual offer.
If you or any of your guests have access requirements, please let us know before you arrive by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised that due to health and safety risk we are unable to store your luggage. The Bristol Tourist Information Centre offers luggage storage for £5.
Where to stay
If you plan to stay overnight, the following sites provide details of accommodation available in Bristol:
We have partnered with local hotels, who are offering price reductions for visit day visitors:
- Victoria Square Hotel, 29-30 Victoria Square, Bristol BS8 4EW
Free breakfast available (worth £9.95). Quote BRISTOL UNI OPEN DAY when making a direct reservation on 0117 9739058 or by email to email@example.com.
- Clifton Hotels Group
Enjoy 10 per cent discount off best available rates when staying with Clifton Hotels Group. Simply quote 'UOBOPENDAY' when booking online at any of the following properties:
Share your experience
Feel free to tweet us before, during or after the visit day. Share your queries or photos on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #wearebristoluni.
If you have any questions about your visit day, please contact us:
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 394 1646
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org