Getting to Bristol
Getting to Bristol
You can find lots of information on travelling to Bristol on our maps and travel information page.
We recommend you travel by public transport as parking near the University is extremely limited. If you need to drive, you can find details of park and ride services and car parking at How to get here.
For veterinary offer holders, there will be a free shuttle bus running between the Clifton and Langford campuses. You will be able to book a spot on the bus when you register to attend.
If you or any of your guests have access requirements, please let us know before you arrive by emailing email@example.com.
Please be advised that due to health and safety risk we are unable to store your luggage. The Bristol Tourist Information Centre offers luggage storage for £5.
If you have any questions about your visit day, please contact us:
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 394 1649
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may be eligible for a travel bursary if your household income is £42,875 or below, or if you have received a contextual offer.
Train travel discount
Through the Great Western Railway Student Discount Scheme, you can get a discount when you travel to your visit day by rail.
The offer is a 20% reduction in Great Western Railway Advance Purchase fares which are available on most GWR mid- and long-distance GWR routes to your local station.
The same discount can be obtained for any other passengers that are booked at the same time, and the discount is offered on top of any Railcard discount that may be applied.
To activate the discount, use this booking link.
Terms and conditions
- The visit days GWR travel offer is only available for travel on GWR services. If travelling from or within a region of the country that is not part of the GWR network, you may need to purchase separate tickets to the chosen destination.
- The destination must be relevant to the University you have received the link from.
- Origin of journey must be within the GWR network, but please note that Advance Purchase tickets are not available for short distance journeys.
- The scheme is only available for use with Advance Purchase tickets. These set times and dates of travel and are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
- The visit days GWR travel offer is available for the dates provided by each university and the week that the event takes place, running Saturday to the next Sunday. This means you can stay for more than a day to get a feel for the local scene.
- The scheme is combinable with a Railcard. Simply tick the box on the page by “Passengers” and select from the drop down box.
- The URL is unique to your university and cannot be used for destinations other than specified.