2017 policies, procedures and regulations for undergraduate students
We’ve collected together the codes of conduct, policies and procedures that you need to be aware of, covering both your academic studies and wider university life. Please take the time to read through the following documents.
We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and we are committed to promoting equal opportunities. The life of the University is enriched by having a body of students which reflects the community at large. We select people who have the ability and motivation to benefit from their intended programmes of study and who will make positive contributions to the life of the University.
We have a clear set of principles and procedures when dealing with admissions. Further details can be found in the following documents:
- Admissions principles and procedures for undergraduate courses (PDF, 256kB)
- Admissions statements for all undergraduate degree courses
- Applicant feedback and complaints procedures (PDF, 223kB)
- Applicants with a disability (PDF, 213kB)
- Criminal convictions: guidelines for the recruitment of students with a criminal conviction (PDF, 271kB)
- English language entry requirements policy (PDF, 299kB) (applicable to international undergraduate students only).
- Fraudulent applications policy (PDF, 236kB)
- UK qualifications for undergraduate entry (PDF, 230kB)
- Complaints procedure for students (PDF, 300kB)
- Disciplinary regulations for students (PDF, 333kB)
- Examination regulations (PDF, 356kB)
- Fitness to study policy and procedure (PDF, 276kB)
- Intellectual property: policy for students (PDF, 246kB)
- Plagiarism detection service TurnitinUK (PDF, 288kB)
- Professional conduct and fitness to practise policy and procedure: Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology & Diploma in Applied Neuropsychology (PDF, 358kB)
- Public interest disclosure policy (PDF, 220kB)
- Rules and regulations for students
Behaviour and wellbeing
- Dealing with unacceptable behaviour: guidance for students
- Dealing with unacceptable behaviour: policy and procedure
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure: guidance for students (PDF, 225kB)
- Freedom of speech policy (PDF, 442kB)
Fees and payments
IT, web and library
- Computers: investigation of computer use policy (PDF, 220kB)
- Computing facilities: acceptable use policy (PDF, 221kB)
- Library services and facilities: regulations for use (PDF, 288kB)
- Personal data: how the University uses student data (Fair processing notice) (PDF, 239kB)
- Recording educational activities policy (PDF, 236kB)
Visas and immigration
- Visas: Tier 4 (General) student visa (applicable to international undergraduate students only).
- Visas and immigration: University of Bristol obligations (PDF, 325kB) (applicable to international undergraduate students only).