Engineering Design interviews
Wednesdays from late November to the end of February.
Registering for an interview
Your interview invitation will tell you the dates available and give you instructions on how to register. Registration closes 10 days before the interview date.
Please state on your registration form if you plan to stay overnight in Bristol, this will help us to set interview times.
Intervews take place in the Queen's building, University walk.
On the day
The day is an opportunity for you to learn as much as possible about the course and to talk to students, staff and industrial partners.
Registration takes place at 09:45, you'll find out your schedule for the day and meet other candidates. A Welcome talk from the Programme Director (30 minutes) will follow.
We provide tea and coffee on arrival. A buffet lunch is served at 12.30. You'll be joined by academic staff and industry partners, this will be an opportunity to ask questions about the course and the placements.
You will be split into groups for the following activities, the order of the activities will vary according to your group:
- Tour of the Queen's Building and its facilities.
- Opportunity to meet current students and ask questions about their experiences.
- A group problem-solving activity; this is informal and led by our current students.
- The interview.
You will have a 50-minute interview with a member of University academic staff and member of staff from one of our partner companies.
The interview will include general questions about your interests, and some problem-solving questions.
The aim of the interview is for us to get to know you and to find out more about why you applied for the course.
Extra time in the interview
You can ask for extra time in the interview if you usually have extra time in assessments due to a disability or learning difficulty (such as dyslexia).
To ask for extra time, please do the following:
- Email email@example.com - you need to explain the reasons for the extra time, and make sure you include your UCAS Personal ID number.
- Send hard-copy documentary evidence of your entitlement to extra time in assessments to the (engineering?) admissions office at least 10 days before your interview.
- Select the special arrangements box, and give details, when you register for an interview.
Completing these three steps will make sure we are aware f your situation and can pass on any considerations to the interview panel. If you do not complete these three steps, we will not be able to make these arrangements.
Support for a disability
After the interview
In most cases, you will hear the outcome of your interview within two weeks. You will be able to see the decision on UCAS Track.
Responding to your interview invitation
You must respond to your interview invitation within two weeks of receiving your invitation by email. We will know you have responded if you:
- register to attend an event;
- add your details to the ‘I cannot attend these dates’ option;
- or contact our Events team to discuss options if neither of the above are appropriate.
If you have not responded to your invitation within two weeks, we will assume you no longer wish to pursue your application at Bristol, and your application will be made unsuccessful.