BSc Childhood Studies with Management (L524)
2017 entryFind a course
|Application method||UCAS/Common Application|
|Course duration||3 year(s) full-time|
|Location of course||Clifton campus|
|Part-time study||Part-time study is not available for this course|
|Number of applicants accepted for 2015/16||33 overall for all Childhood Studies courses|
About BSc Childhood Studies with Management
This course uniquely combines childhood studies, the social science of childhood and adolescence, with management, examining the economic, political and social environments in which businesses and other organisations operate to provide services for children and their families.
Two thirds of this degree considers childhood within a framework of children's rights, exploring their participation, protection and the provision of services for children, both nationally and globally. The remaining third focuses on management, introducing you to principles of business management, accountancy, marketing, corporate social responsibility and business law.
This combination provides a strong grounding in the skills needed to be effective leaders in business management, especially within the field of children’s services. You will develop a range of transferable skills including critical thinking, workload management, IT skills and research skills.
Find out more about studying Childhood Studies at Bristol including career prospects and how the course is taught and assessed.
- Constructing Childhoods
- Introduction to Psychology
- Contemporary Debates in Global Childhood
- Research Skills for Childhood Studies
- Introduction to Accounting
- Social Research Methods
- Child Health in the Early Years
- Organisation Theory
- Three optional units from a wide choice, two in childhood studies and one in management
- Four optional units from a wide choice, two in childhood studies and two in management
Typical offer for BSc Childhood Studies with Management
(including international A-levels)
(including international A-levels)
|IB Diploma||32 overall to include 16 points at Higher Level|
|31 overall to include 15 points at Higher Level|
|Cambridge Pre-U||Requirements are as for A-levels, where Grade A* is D2, A is D3, B is M2, and C is M3|
|Access||Pass Access to HE Diploma with at least 30 credits at Distinction and 15 credits at Merit, including subjects relevant to the course such as Psychology, Sociology and Social Policy|
|SQA||SH: AABBB and AH: AB|
|Welsh Bacc||Requirements are as for A-levels where you can substitute the same non-subject specific grade for the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Level Core grade|
|International qualifications||Qualifications, scholarships and local information sources for your country|
|English language requirements||Profile B
Further information about English language requirements
|Subjects required at GCSE or equivalent:||Grade A in Mathematics and grade C in English. In England, where numerical GCSE grades will start to replace letter GCSE grades, we will be aligning the two grading schemes as follows: 4 or 5 is C, 6 is B, 7 is A, and 8 or 9 is A*.|
More entry information
- Selection process: UCAS or Common Application.
- Deferred entry: Considered
- Childhood Studies with Management admissions statement
- More about Childhood Studies at Bristol
- University admissions policies and procedures
Get in touch
For questions regarding study and admission contact our Enquiries Team:
Phone: +44 (0)117 394 1649
For information on tuition fees, living costs and financial support, visit fees and funding.
Find out more about becoming a student at Bristol, and the support we offer to international students.
Key information about this course
Did you know?
- Students from more than 180 countries study with us, and we share more than 150 exchange links with institutions worldwide.
- Our Students' Union has over 300 student-run societies and sports clubs. The Richmond Building, home to the Students' Union, recently underwent a £30-million renovation.
- 12 Bristol graduates and members of staff have been awarded Nobel prizes.
Important disclaimer information about our courses.