BSc Chemistry with a Preliminary Year of Study (F108)
View courses for 2018 entry
|Application method||UCAS/Common Application|
|Course duration||4 year(s) full-time|
|Tuition fees||Further information on tuition fees, living costs and financial support.|
|Location of course||Clifton campus|
|Part-time study||Part-time study is not available for this course|
|Number of applicants accepted for 2015/16||203 overall for Chemical Physics and Chemistry courses|
About BSc Chemistry with a Preliminary Year of Study
This degree is aimed at able students without a science background who would rather begin studying at university than undertake an Access course or other additional qualifications first.
Progression from this course to the BSc/MSci degrees is automatic.
Find out more about studying Chemistry at Bristol including career prospects and how the course is taught and assessed.
- A range of appropriate units in Chemistry
- Basic Inorganic Chemistry
- Basic Organic Chemistry
- Basic Physical Chemistry
- Mathematical Skills for Chemists
- Communication and Information Skills in Chemistry
- An optional unit chosen from a range of scientific subjects and languages
- Intermediate Inorganic Chemistry
- Intermediate Organic Chemistry
- Intermediate Physical Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Physical Chemistry
- Specialist Topics in Chemistry, including Environmental and Computational Chemistry
- Research project, including the option to spend a year working in a local school.
Typical offer for BSc Chemistry with a Preliminary Year of Study - applicants must meet one of the following
|Welsh Baccalaureate offer||Requirements are as for A-levels where you can substitute the same non-subject specific grade for the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Level Core grade|
|International qualifications||Accepted international qualifications|
Please contact Undergraduate Admissions for information on accepted qualifications
Applicants must also meet these requirements
|English language requirements||If English is not your first language, you need to meet this profile level:
Further information about English language requirements and profile levels.
How we assess your application
Admissions statements and policies for 2018 entry will be published in summer 2017. Statements and policies for 2017 entry are available for information:
Get in touch
For questions regarding study and admission contact our Enquiries Team:
Phone: +44 (0)117 394 1649
Find out more about becoming a student at Bristol, and the support we offer to international students.
This course is recognised by the following organisations:
Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) Accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry for fully meeting the academic criteria for Chartered Chemist (CChem).