BSc Chemistry with a Preliminary Year of Study (F108)
2017 entryFind a course
|Application method||UCAS/Common Application|
|Course duration||4 year(s) full-time|
|Location of course||Clifton campus|
|Part-time study||Part-time study is not available for this course|
|Number of applicants accepted for 2015/16||203 overall for Chemical Physics and Chemistry courses|
About BSc Chemistry with a Preliminary Year of Study
This degree is aimed at able students without a science background who would rather begin studying at university than undertake an Access course or other additional qualifications first.
Progression from this course to the BSc/MSci degrees is automatic.
Find out more about studying Chemistry at Bristol including career prospects and how the course is taught and assessed.
- A range of appropriate units in Chemistry
- Basic Inorganic Chemistry
- Basic Organic Chemistry
- Basic Physical Chemistry
- Mathematical Skills for Chemists
- Communication and Information Skills in Chemistry
- An optional unit chosen from a range of scientific subjects and languages
- Intermediate Inorganic Chemistry
- Intermediate Organic Chemistry
- Intermediate Physical Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Physical Chemistry
- Specialist Topics in Chemistry, including Environmental and Computational Chemistry
- Research project, including the option to spend a year working in a local school.
Typical offer for BSc Chemistry with a Preliminary Year of Study
|Welsh Bacc||Requirements are as for A-levels where you can substitute the same non-subject specific grade for the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Level Core grade|
|International qualifications||Qualifications, scholarships and local information sources for your country|
|English language requirements||Profile C
Further information about English language requirements
|Academic qualifications||Please contact Undergraduate Admissions for information on accepted qualifications|
More entry information
- Selection process: UCAS or Common Application
- Deferred entry: Welcomed
- Chemistry with a Preliminary Year of Study admissions statement
- More about Chemistry at Bristol
- University admissions policies and procedures
Get in touch
For questions regarding study and admission contact our Enquiries Team:
Phone: +44 (0)117 394 1649
For information on tuition fees, living costs and financial support, visit fees and funding.
Find out more about becoming a student at Bristol, and the support we offer to international students.
This course is recognised by the following organisations:
Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) Accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry for fully meeting the academic criteria for Chartered Chemist (CChem).
Key information about this course
Did you know?
- Students from more than 180 countries study with us, and we share more than 150 exchange links with institutions worldwide.
- Our Students' Union has over 300 student-run societies and sports clubs. The Richmond Building, home to the Students' Union, recently underwent a £30-million renovation.
- 12 Bristol graduates and members of staff have been awarded Nobel prizes.
Important disclaimer information about our courses.