BSc Chemistry with a Preliminary Year of Study (F108)
View courses for 2018 entry
|Application method||UCAS/Common Application|
|Course duration||4 year(s) full-time|
|Tuition fees||Further information on tuition fees, living costs and financial support.|
|Location of course||Clifton campus|
|Part-time study||Part-time study is not available for this course|
|Number of applicants accepted for 2015/16||203 overall for Chemical Physics and Chemistry courses|
About BSc Chemistry with a Preliminary Year of Study
This degree is aimed at able students without a science background who would rather begin studying at university than undertake an Access course or other additional qualifications first.
Progression from this course to the BSc/MSci degrees is automatic.
Find out more about studying Chemistry at Bristol including career prospects and how the course is taught and assessed.
- A range of appropriate units in Chemistry
- Basic Inorganic Chemistry
- Basic Organic Chemistry
- Basic Physical Chemistry
- Mathematical Skills for Chemists
- Communication and Information Skills in Chemistry
- An optional unit chosen from a range of scientific subjects and languages
- Intermediate Inorganic Chemistry
- Intermediate Organic Chemistry
- Intermediate Physical Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Physical Chemistry
- Specialist Topics in Chemistry, including Environmental and Computational Chemistry
- Research project, including the option to spend a year working in a local school.
Typical offer for BSc Chemistry with a Preliminary Year of Study - applicants must meet one of the following
|Welsh Baccalaureate offer||Requirements are as for A-levels where you can substitute the same non-subject specific grade for the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Level Core grade|
|International qualifications||Accepted international qualifications|
Please contact Undergraduate Admissions for information on accepted qualifications
Applicants must also meet these requirements
|English language requirements||If English is not your first language, you need to meet this profile level:
Further information about English language requirements and profile levels.
How we assess your application
Get in touch
For questions regarding study and admission contact our Enquiries Team:
Phone: +44 (0)117 394 1649