BSc Accounting and Finance with Study in Continental Europe (NN34)
View courses for 2017 entry
|Application method||UCAS/Common Application|
|Course duration||4 year(s) full-time|
|Part-time study||Part-time study is not available on this course|
|Number of applications for 2014/15||1074|
|Number of places for 2016/17||110|
About BSc Accounting and Finance with Study in Continental Europe
This course is similar to BSc Accounting and Finance, but with your third year spent abroad at one of our partner universities before returning to the UK for your fourth and final year of study.
You will study the relevant language during years one and two before spending your third year studying Accounting, Business and Finance in the host language of a partner university in France, Germany, Italy or Spain.
To study in France or Germany you need to start with at least AS-level grade B in French or German; to study in Italy or Spain you need at least GCSE grade A in Italian or Spanish.
Visit our Study and Work Abroad Office website for more information about where you can study in Europe.
Find out more about studying Accounting and Finance at Bristol including career prospects and how the course is taught and assessed.
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance 1
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance 2
- Economic Principles 1
- Mathematics and Statistics 1
- French/German/Italian/Spanish for General Purposes (or, if choosing to study in English during the third year, an optional unit)
- Option, for example Analysis in Management
- Financial Accounting (intermediate)
- Management Accounting (intermediate)
- Corporate Finance
- French/German/Italian/Spanish for Specific Purposes (or, if choosing to study in English during the third year, an optional unit)
- Applied Quantitative Research Methods
- Option, for example Taxation
The third year is spent at a continental European university following an approved programme of study.
- Financial Markets and Corporate Finance plus Advanced Management Accounting or Financial Reporting
- 80 credit points of options which must include Financial Reporting or Advanced Management Accounting.
Typical offer for BSc Accounting and Finance with Study in Continental Europe
(including international A-levels)
|AAA or A*AB, including A in Mathematics|
(including international A-levels)
|AAB including A in Mathematics; or A*BB with A* in Mathematics|
|IB Diploma||36 points overall with 18 at Higher level, including 6 in Higher Level Mathematics or 7 in Standard Level Mathematics (not 'Mathematical Studies')*|
|34 points overall with 17 at Higher level, including 6 in Higher Level Mathematics or 7 in Standard Level Mathematics (not 'Mathematical Studies')*|
|Cambridge Pre-U||Requirements are as for A-levels, where Grade A* is D2, A is D3, B is M2, and C is M3|
|Access||Pass Access to HE Diploma with at least 30 credits at Distinction and 15 credits at Merit, with Distinctions in Maths units including Further Calculus. (We will accept the Further Calculus unit offered by OCN South West Region; please contact Admissions to check the content of your Further Calculus unit if studying elsewhere in the UK.)*|
|BTEC||DDD with Distinction in both Mathematics for Engineering Technicians and Further Mathematics for Technicians; or DDD plus grade A in A-level Mathematics.*|
|SQA||SH: AAAAB and AH: AA including Mathematics*|
|Welsh Bacc||Requirements are as for A-levels where you can substitute the same non-subject specific grade for the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Level Core grade|
|EB||85% overall with 8.5 in Mathematics*|
|International qualifications||Qualifications, scholarships and local information sources for your country|
|English language requirements||Profile B
Further information about English language requirements
|Subjects required at GCSE or equivalent:||grade A in Italian or Spanish if Italy or Spain is the chosen country.|
|Academic qualifications||*For students choosing France, Germany, Italy or Spain for their third year there is also a language requirement: AS-level grade B (French or German) or GCSE grade A (Italian or Spanish) or an equivalent qualification.|
More entry information
- Selection process: UCAS or Common Application
- Deferred entry: Welcomed
- Accounting and Finance with Study in Continental Europe admissions statement
- More about Accounting and Finance at Bristol
- University admissions policies and procedures
Admissions statements relate to 2016 entry and will be updated for 2017 entry in summer 2016.
Get in touch
For questions regarding study and admission contact:
Phone: +44 (0)117 394 1637
For information on tuition fees, living costs and financial support, visit fees and funding.
Find out more about becoming a student at Bristol, and the support we offer to international students.
This course is recognised by the following organisations:
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) for the purpose of exemptions from some professional examinations.
The Association of International Accountants (AIA) for the purpose of exemption from some professional examinations.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) for the purpose of exemption from some professional examinations.
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) for the purpose of exemption from some professional examinations through the Accredited degree accelerated route.
You may also be interested in:
Key information about this course
Did you know?
- Students from more than 180 countries study with us, and we share more than 150 exchange links with institutions worldwide.
- Our Students' Union has over 200 student-run societies, and the Richmond Building, home to the Students' Union, is undergoing a £30-million renovation.
- 11 Bristol graduates and members of staff have been awarded Nobel prizes.
Important disclaimer information about our courses.