WP Student Engagement Fund
The Widening Participation Student Engagement Fund allows students to carry out widening participation initiatives and events to help the University achieve a more diverse student community.
The fund gives students the opportunity to bid for an idea they have for widening participation. £10,000 is available in total for students and student groups to help run their projects. Applicants can bid for funds of up to £1,000 per bid.
Who can apply?
The Widening Participation Student Engagement Fund is open to any current University of Bristol student. Applications can be made by individuals, groups or student societies.
The University identifies the following target groups for widening participation outreach activity and sets milestones for applications from these groups. Initiatives should therefore focus on working with these groups in particular:
- Mature Students (aged 21 or above);
- Students from aspiring state schools/colleges;
- Students from low participation areas;
- Minority ethnic students;
- Disabled students;
- Local students (those living in or at schools/colleges in the BA or BS postcode);
- Looked after children;
- Students eligible for free school meals.
Priority will be given to projects that aim to encourage applications to the University of Bristol from these target groups. Please note the fund cannot be used to run activities with current university students.
How do I apply?
To apply, please download and complete the Widening Participation Student Engagement Fund proposal form (Office document, 13kB)). Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 12 December. Applicants should also prepare a 5-minute pitch to be presented to the Fund panel on Friday 14 December.
Launch event Q&A session: Tuesday 27 November 2018, 4.30 – 6.30 pm – book here.
Application deadline: Midnight, Wednesday 12 December 2018.
Pitch: Friday 14 December 2018, between 1 pm – 5 pm.
Announcements made by: Wednesday 19 December 2018.
What else will I need to do if I have been successful?
Successful applicants will be required to provide an impact report within one month of the completion of the initiative.
The report must include:
• a breakdown of how the money was spent;
• how the project met its aims and those of the fund.
You can download the impact report template here: Widening Participation Student Engagement Fund impact report (Office document, 13kB).
When considering your idea please also consider the following:
- All projects should fit in with the aims of 2019-20 Access and Participation Plan.
- The initiative should be a new innovative idea, different to the projects already run by the University’s Outreach Team.
- All work must be completed, and funds spent by 31 July 2019. It will not be possible to carry money over to the next financial year.
If you have any questions about the Widening Participation Engagement Fund then please email email@example.com.