Subject-specific taster days
Taster days are aimed at students who are studying towards a level 3 qualification, giving them the chance to try out a variety of subjects and to experience what studying at university will involve.
STEM taster day
Thursday 25th April 2019
Booking for this event is not yet open. Please check back at a later date.
The event is only open to year 12 students who are currently studying towards A-levels or equivalent, including at least one STEM subject.
The STEM taster day will take place between 10 am and 3 pm at the University of Bristol main campus. There will also be an optional campus tour between 3 pm and 4 pm.
Unfortunately, there are not enough places available for parents/carers to accompany students to this event. Students must attend this event as an individual, taking responsibility for their own health and safety throughout and organising travel to and from the event. You must obtain all necessary permissions and consent to attend from your school or college and parent(s)/carer(s) as appropriate.
Throughout the day students will follow a designated subject stream. The available subject streams and their expected content are as follows:
- Biomedical Sciences - may include sessions related to Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Physiology, Pharmacology and Neuroscience
- Chemical Sciences - may include sessions related to Chemistry, Biochemistry and Earth Sciences
- Earth Sciences - may include sessions related to Geology, Geography, Environmental Sciences, Physical Sciences and Life Sciences
- Life Sciences - may include sessions related to Biology, Psychology and Biomedical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences - may include sessions related to Mathematics, Engineering Mathematics and Biostatistics
- Physical Sciences - may include sessions related to Physics, Engineering, Mathematics and Earth Sciences
You can find details of all undergraduate courses available at the University, including full entry requirements, by visiting our course finder.
If you have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life Sciences taster days
26th and 27th June 2019.
The days are designed to give sixth-form students a taste of undergraduate teaching as well as some practical laboratory experience, with a variety of sessions from each of the five subject areas; Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Physiology, Pharmacology and Neuroscience, Experimental Psychology and Biological Sciences.
For more information pleaser visit the Life Sciences taster days page