Return to your studies
- The government will make an announcement over the spring break about plans for returning to blended learning. We will email you as soon as we have information.
- Continue to follow the national guidelines whether you are in Bristol or away from the city.
On this page
- Get tested before you return to campus
- Tell us where you are currently living
- Tell us where you will be studying using the Location of study form
- Postgraduate research students
- International students travelling to the UK
- Undergraduate students on study and work placements
- Clinically vulnerable students
- Libraries and study spaces
- University residence study spaces
The government will make an announcement over the spring break about plans for returning to blended learning.
Following an update to government guidance some courses have in-person activity from 8 March.
This is in addition to courses where there has already been in-person activity in teaching block 2.
Summer assessments and exams will be online only, with few exceptions for practical examinations. Find out more about assessments.
Get tested before you return to campus
- Book the first test for the day you return to Bristol
- Book the second test 3 to 5 days later
- After you have had your first test, limit contact with others
- Have your second test. If it is negative, you can return to campus safely.
- Find out what to do if you test positive and what support is available.
You will need to self-isolate for 10 days if you choose not to get tested when you return.
Tell us where you are currently living
We want to ensure you get the support you need to continue with your course. Please update your current address so we can give you the right support and information.
Location of study after spring break
Complete a Location of study form if you:
- have already submitted a form to confirm any changes to your plans
- were studying online for TB1, but plan to start blended learning in April
- want to change the date of your planned start of in-person blended learning
Advice for postgraduate research students
We will clarify the situation regarding any change in access to research facilities and workspace as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you are currently working at home, please continue to do so. If you have been working on campus during the restrictions, there will be no change to your current arrangements until further announcements are made.
Please continue to talk to your supervisor about the impact of this further lockdown on your wellbeing and research progress and any adjustments that can be made.
Continue to check your University email account regularly for updates. If you have any questions in the meantime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advice for international students travelling to the UK
If you are planning to return to the UK for the first time since the winter break, support is available with airport transfers and mandatory testing for entry and quarantine.
Undergraduate students on study and work abroad placements
Clinically vulnerable students
If you are clinically vulnerable you should not travel, even if you have been told you are required on-campus for essential activities. Please stay at home and contact your school to discuss your options and the support that we can offer to you.
Libraries and study spaces
These following locations are offering a limited service for those in essential need.
|Library or study space||Days open||Opening times|
|Arts and Social Sciences library||7 days a week||9 am to 5.30pm|
|Veterinary Sciences library||Monday to Friday||10 am to 5 pm|
|Beacon House study centre||Monday to Friday||8.45 am to 8.30 pm, weekends: 9 am to 5 pm|
|Chemistry library||Monday to Friday||9 am to 5 pm|
|Medical Library||Monday to Friday||9 am to 5 pm|
You can now access printed materials that are not available in electronic format with the our Library Click and Collect and Postal Loan Service.
University residence study spaces and music rooms
Study spaces and music rooms in university residences are open Monday to Friday from 8/9 am to 8 pm. The variation in opening time is due to cleaning being completed.
Check out the SU's provisional roadmap to re-opening after lockdown.