Academic publishing essentials
This training module will introduce you to the basic concepts of publishing and promoting academic research, covering the topics below. Some sections include an action or other activity, and there will be an assessment at the end: the whole module should take no more than 30 minutes to complete.
You may jump to a specific topic if you wish, but the assessment at the end requires completion of all topics.
- Open Access and what's required by funders
- Setting up a unique researcher identifier (ORCID)
- Acknowledging co-authors and sources of support
- Choosing a journal to publish in
- Publishing research data
- Monitoring the academic impact of your research
Please navigate using the buttons at the bottom of each page.