Students honoured at annual sporting awards event
Press release issued: 18 June 2019
The annual Bristol Reds awards took place at the heart of the University Campus in the Wills Memorial Building on Saturday 8 June 2019. The evening event was attended by students, their families, and University staff.
“I’m very proud to have been able to bestow these awards to such a deserving group of recipients. Every year our students raise the bar on the standard of sport played at the University of Bristol, balancing their academic studies with hours of training and fixtures. Behind our students is a talented and dedicated team of staff and coaches, whose commitment to them on and off the pitch has been inspirational, and no doubt a contributing factor in our continued success in the BUCS league tables”.
- Cecilia Lock, Classics BA. Women's rugby
- Rohan Gupta, Mechanical Engineering M'Eng. Badminton.
- Tommy Nicholson, Chemistry MSci. Rowing.
- Ginny Troughton, Sport and Student Development Officer, Bristol SU. Women's rugby.
- Marc Huttman, Medicine BSc MBCHB. Tennis.
- Lowri James, Mathematics BSc (alumna). Tennis.
- Alice Davies, Policy Research MSc. Rowing.
- Matthew Giudici, Dentistry BDS. Lacrosse.
- Isabelle Dean, Law LLB. Waterpolo.
- George Cairns, Medicine MBCHB. Hockey.
Coach of the year
- Paul Tomlinson, Badminton.