Sports Development Expedition to Kenya
Through it's involvement in the Bristol-Kenya Partnership
the University is able to offer students the opportunity to take part in an amazing sports development expedition to Kenya in August 2011. A group of students from the University of Bristol, UWE and Filton College will travel to Kenya with Camps International
- an organisation running award-winning volunteer trips to Africa for many years (Responsible Travel Tourism Award Winners 2008).
- Four week sports development team expedition to Kenya
- Work on important projects to improve sports facilities and opportunities for underprivileged children
- Enhance your coaching skills in an unique environment
- Develop effective teaching methods for sports coaching alongside local schools
- Safari in one of Kenya’s Premier National Parks
- Experience fresh challenges as part of a dynamic team
- Challenge yourself even further by adding an adventure activity
The Role of Sport in Helping Communities:
Kenya is a great sporting nation with a rich history of sporting legends. Yet in rural Kenya around 70% of people are living below the poverty line and access to proper sanitation, clean drinking water, healthcare and an education are often limited or non-existent, resulting in the majority of children being excluded from sporting activities due to the lack of facilities and programmes. Sports development has long been recognised as a tool for sustainable community development and has massive potential benefits to communities.
- Improving health, fitness and education
- Identifying talent and creating ambition
- Creating business opportunities, enterprise and employment
- Enhancing fair competition, teamwork and respect
- Bridging cultural and ethnic divides and addressing gender equality
- Helping children to develop life skills such as decision-making, organisation and leadership
Any Bristol students interested in taking part in a trip this year (August 2011) should email firstname.lastname@example.org
as soon as possible.
Camps International are offering free travel insurance to all those registering before 1st March 2011.
For more details email email@example.com
Download information brochure (pdf, 4.7Mb)
Further information available on the Camps International website