The School for Sociology, Politics and International Studies has a successful track record of hosting Postdoctoral Fellows, and Bristol is one of only two UK universities to be internationally commended for its excellence in the postdoctoral experience.
We welcome enquiries from potential applicants to various UK and European Postdoctoral funding schemes, including those listed here:
Benefits of the post-doctoral experience in SPAIS
- Extensive support and guidance provided by mentor, academic and administrative research staff
- Post-doctoral fellows receive the same access to School, Faculty and University funding of research and travel as permanent members of staff
- You will join one or more of the School’s research groups, benefiting from the vibrant academic atmosphere these engender
- You will receive expert support in the preparation of grant applications during your Post-doctoral Fellowship
- Opportunities exist for contributing to the School’s wide range of teaching programmes (though no expectation is placed on you to do so)
- You will be able to take advantage of the comprehensive range of training courses offered to research staff, aimed at maximising your career building potential
Information and enquiries
Full details on staff research interests and a list of current and recent post-doctoral fellows in SPAIS (word).
For more information on applying to do post-doctoral research in SPAIS, please contact:
Dr Eric Herring, Research Director, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +44 (0)117 928 8582
School of Sociology, Politics and International Studies
University of Bristol
11 Priory Road