News in 2011
- Question Time: Religion in Education 6 February 2012 'Question Time: Religious Education', an event organized by the Atheist, Agnostic and Secular Society.
- Student satisfaction at record high 2 December 2011 Department of Theology and Religious Studies records that student satisfaction is at a record high.
- Half-Day Conference on Society and Religion 12 November 2011 • 15 November 2011, 3.00 - 6.00 pm • Department of Theology and Religious Studies, 3-5 Woodland Road, G5 3.00 pm: Ronald Hutton (University of Bristol), The Place of Witchcraft in the Modern World. 3.30 pm: Alex Studholme (University of Bristol), Teaching with a Closed Fist: Buddhist Proselytising in the West. 4.30 pm: Katie Edwards (University of Sheffield), Religion is Garbage: Subversion and Challenge in Contemporary Advertising Representations of Organised Religion. The final paper of this half-day conference is scheduled at the usual time and place of the postgraduate research seminars. For further details contact Dr John Lyons.
- Clay Sanskrit Library donated to Bristol 7 November 2011 Rupert Gethin bids successfully for Clay Sanskrit collection
- British Academy visiting scholar 4 November 2011 Dr Goran Kardas visits department from University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Dr Carolyn Muessig appointed Director of BIRTHA 18 July 2011 Dr Carolyn Muessig appointed Director of BIRTHA
- Professor Rupert Gethin awarded a Leverhulme Research Fellowship 13 May 2011 Professor Rupert Gethin awarded a Leverhulme Research Fellowship
- John Templeton Award winner to speak at Bristol 29 March 2011 John Templeton Award winner to speak at Bristol