Pure news and future developments
- 25-Apr-13: Pure will be upgraded to version 4.15.4 on 20-May-13. The main improvement will be that the following bug will be fixed:
- 17-Dec-12: The Explore Bristol Research web site which displays information sourced from Pure became available. All personal users of Pure have a web profile - you can check yours by clicking the "My Explore Bristol Research overview" link under your personal details in Pure. For further information about the site, including how to customise your profile by choosing records you wish to highlight, go to the Explore Bristol Research user guide
Pure, Explore Bristol Research web site and PeopleProfiler web sites
Publications listings within PeopleProfiler web sites are sourced from Pure - all editing of publications is done in Pure. Further elements such as photos and personal profile descriptions are planned later this year to be edited in Pure and displayed in PeopleProfiler web sites.
We recognise that there is an overlap between Explore Bristol Research and the PeopleProfiler application which is in use by many schools and faculties. Professor Guy Orpen, the Pure project sponsor, is taking active steps to resolve the issues that exist and explore the options for the future.
Previous upgrades in Pure - selected bug fixes and new features
Pure 4.15.3-1 (01-May-13)
- The main benefit of this upgrade is to achieve a faster REF screen response time.
Pure 4.15.2 (08-Apr-13)
- Users will be able to customize more precisely how and when emails should be received from the system
- Bug fixed where records are not appearing when full texts are are added to Pure and are awaiting validation
Pure 4.14.3 (28-Jan-13)
- Minor improvements to the REF module and reporting
- Change of API address for Web of Science
Pure 4.14.2 (10-Dec-12)
- Some users were experiencing problems on saving output information - the bug was fixed.
Pure 4.14.1 (08-Nov-12)
- Personal users' research interests and photos are now editable (How to edit your profile…)
- New field: When you have created a commissioned report you can now add Commissioning body
- If you are an editor you can filter on Internal/external authors so that you can locate any draft or other incomplete records authored by staff members who have left the University.(How to search and filter…)
- Easier and quicker make external option when editing authors.
- Workspace overview pages will show a More… link to reveal additional items
Pure 4.13.3 (23-Sep-12)
- Individual academics can edit their own published name. Select the Edit Profile button near your photo and type in your published name in the First and Last name(s) text boxes - remembering to save any changes by clicking the blue Save button at the bottom of the window.
Future developments in Pure
We will explore the following developments:
- open access;
- funder reporting submissions, including Researchfish (previously e-Val) and the Research Outcomes System (ROS);
- capturing research activities and impact;
- integrated reporting on our research portfolio;
- research groups;
- a taxonomy of keywords;
- a Directory of Expertise