Bruce Hood to Judge and Sponsor Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) Final
4 September 2015
Professor Bruce Hood is to be on of the judges for the UK Final of the Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) which is being held in Manchester on Sept 8th 2015.
The Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) celebrates the exciting research conducted by PhD students. Developed by The University of Queensland, the exercise cultivates students' academic, presentation, and research communication skills. The competition supports their capacity to effectively explain their research in three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience. This year the UK final is being held at the annual Vitae Researcher Development Conference in Manchester on Sept 8th.
The judges who will decide on the winner of the competition:
- Professor Dame Vicki Bruce, British Academy
- Dr Iain Cameron, Research Councils UK (3MT® sponsor)
- Professor Bruce Hood, Speakezee (3MT® sponsor)
- Professor Carenza Lewis, University of Lincoln
- Ehsan Masood, Research Fortnight (conference media partner)
- Dr Erinma Ochu, University of Manchester
The winner of the People's Choice Award will be offered the opportunity to present their talk in the famous Faraday Lecture Theatre in the Royal Institution of Great Britain as part of the Speakezee®, one year celebration in Feb 2016. The award has been sponsored by Speakezee®, the world’s largest database of academic speakers founded by Professor Bruce Hood