Mood Following Simple Verbal Tasks 4
6 March 2019
This study involves one session lasting 1hr and offers £10 reimbursement.
This study involves one session, lasting approximately 1hr. The session involves performing some simple verbal tasks, each of which takes a few minutes to complete. After each task you will have the opportunity to rate your mood during short periods of rest. The study aims to look at an individual’s capacity to relax after performing verbal tasks, which while simple, require concentration and focus.
As an additional measure of the capacity to relax, other factors such as heart rate and breathing rate will also be measured, using small non-invasive sensors.
You will be reimbursed £10 in total for taking part.
To be eligible to take part in the study it is essential that you meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18-30 (inclusive)
- Normal or corrected vision, normal hearing and smell
- Able to comfortably use a computer keyboard and mouse
- No cardiac or respiratory issues
- Native or native-equivalent English speaker
Before arrival at the session it is essential that you:
- Do NOT eat or drink anything other than water in the hour before participating
- Do NOT exercise in the hour before participating
- Are of good health (e.g. NO cold, flu)
- Do NOT wear fragrances
- Have NOT participated in another research study prior to arrival
If you arrive at the session not meeting these requirements, you will be unable to take part.
How to take part If you would like to take part, please take a moment to enter your details on this short (3 minute) online questionnaire.
Eligible participants will be contacted with further information and details about signing up to participation slots.