- Footprints in Primary Care: Testing the feasibility of a consultation-level intervention for frequent attenders with clinically inexplicable symptoms in primary care. Rebecca K Barnes, Helen Cramer, Sandra Hollinghurst, Sue Jackson, Charlie Record, Chris Metcalfe and David Kessler. Funded by NIHR RfPB Programme (2015-2016).
- The Alt-Con Project: Alternatives to face to face consultation with GPs, Chris Salisbury, Helen Atherton, Sue Ziebland, John Campbell, Brian McKinstry, Andrew Gibson (Funded by the NIHR, HS&DR Programme) (2015-2016)
- One in a Million - a video archive of more than 300 GP consultations, Dr Rebecca Barnes, Professor Chris Salisbury, Dr Matthew Ridd, Dr Chris Metcalfe, Dr Marcus Jepson, Dr Ludivine Garside Funded by NIHR School for Primary Care Research.
- An evaluation of the effectiveness of ‘care bundles’ as a means of improving hospital care and reducing hospital re-admission for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - S Purdy, M Chalder, A Heawood, C Metcalfe, W Hollingworth, J Calvert, J Benger, S Jenkins, funded by NIHR Health Services & Delivery Research
- An evaluation of Somerset's End of Life Care Programme: Delivering Choice L Wye, G Lasseter, J Percival, B Simmonds, L Duncan, T Griffin and S Purdy. Marie Curie Cancer Care. (2010 - 2012)
A pragmatic randomised controlled trial of PhysioDirect telephone assessment and advice services for physiotherapy. C Salisbury, S Hollinghurst, A Montgomery, N Foster, E Hay, S Bryan, M Calnan, S Trayers, J Hall, S Grove. MRC. (2008 - 2013)
Healthlines: Widening the role of NHS Direct in the management of long term conditions. C Salisbury, J Nicholl, A O’Cathain, C Pope, S Hollinghurst, A Montgomery, H Young, S Large, G Lewis, L Yardley, S Brownsell, T Fahey. NIHR Programme Grant. (2009 - 2016)
The effectiveness and cost effectiveness of telephone triage of patients requesting same day consultations in general practice: a cluster randomised controlled trial comparing nurse-led and GP led management systems. The ESTEEM Trial. J Campbell, R Taylor, C Salisbury, V Lattimer, N Britten, C Green, S Richards, D Richards, T Holt. NIHR HTA Programme (2009 - 2014)
Developing, testing and implementing the new NSPCR Patient Safety Toolkit in general practices in England. A Avery, S Crowe, B Serumaga, S Campbell, A Esmail, D Reeves, U Kadam et al. NIHR SPCR
Multi-method study of a locally enhanced service to increase uptake of primary care vascular checks. A Montgomery, J Horwood, N Coghill, J Macleod, S Purdy, D Sharp, P Brindle, G Feder. NIHR School for Primary Care Research
A Multimethod evaluation of community outreach to increase uptake of NHS Health Checks. N Coghill, J Horwood, A Montgomery, G Feder, R Riley. NHS Bristol.
Survey of sexual health risk and service use of men-who-have-sex-with-men attending a public sex venue. J Horwood, N Jeal, S Ingle. David Telling Charitable Trust