Domestic violence and abuse
- Head injury in the context of domestic violence. A qualitative study to investigate survivor stories of head trauma and experiences of help-seeking for this health issue. The project also involves a feasibility study to determine whether it is possible to recruit survivors of domestic violence to a neuropsychological research project and conduct a battery of psychometric tests. Smith A, Lewis N and Feder G (2018-2020).
- Determinants and health sequelae of intimate partner violence and abuse in young adult relationships: a mixed methods study. Barter C, Feder G (PI), Fraser A, Heron J, Howe L, Szilassy E. Funder: Medical Research Council (MRC) (2018-2021)
- Healthcare responding to violence and abuse (HERA). Bacchus L, Lambert H, Colombini M, Evans M, Lewis N, Knipe D, d'Oliviera AF, Schraiber L, Pun KD, Koju R, Rishal P, Shaheen A, Alkaiyat A, Rajapakse T, Garcia-Morena C, Feder G. Funder: NIHR Global Health Research (2018-2021)
- Improving the primary healthcare response to violence against women in low and middle income countries. Bacchus L, Colombini M, Johnson M, Alkaiyat A, Sandouka R, Schraiber L, d'Oliviera AF, Shaheen A, Najjab S, Melman J, Vasconcelos Xavier, D, Feder G. Funder: MRC Global Challenges Research Fund (2017-2019).
- Supporting Survivors project - Exploratory and pilot study of a peer-led group-based programme for survivors of sexual abuse, rape and sexual assault. Gregory A (PI), Johnson E, Feder G, Pitt K, Perôt C, Campbell J, Konya J, Esther N, Richards J. Funder: Sir Halley Stewart Trust and the GP South West Trust (2018-2019)
- coMforT study (Mindfulness for Trauma) - Intervention refinement and feasibility trial of a trauma-informed mindfulness intervention for survivors of domestic violence and abuse with post-traumatic stress disorder. Lewis N (PI), Malpass A, Gregory A, Millband S, Hawcroft C, Pitt K, Halliwell G, Zammit S, Kessler D, Morris R, Round J, Feder G. Funder: NIHR Biomedical Research Centre at University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust and the University of Bristol (2017-2020)
- EMiNA: Evaluation of Migrant women's Needs regarding domestic violence Abuse. A Heawood, G Feder, M Evans, N Khelaifat. Avon Primary Care Research Collaborative; NIHR Research Capability Funding
- IRIS pharmacy - Including community pharmacies in responses to women with experience of domestic violence and abuse. Lewis N (Principal Investigator), Feder G, MacLeod J, Fraser A, Horwood J, Northstone K, Moore T, Redaniel T, Jackson J, Richards A, Stone T, Whiting P, Sohal A, Morgan G. Funder: NIHR CLAHRC West at University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust and NIHR CLAHRC North Thames at Barts Health NHS Trust. (2016-2018)
- REPROVIDE - Reaching Everyone Programme of Research on Violence in Diverse Domestic Environments. Feder G, Bailey J, Aghtaie N, Blacklock N, Carey J, Cowlishaw C, Cramer H, Gilchrist G, Hegarty K, Hester M, Hollinghurst S, Howard L, Johnson M, Peters T, Sardinha L, Szilassy E, Simon J, Williamson E, Roy J, Ziebland S. Funder: NIHR Programme Grants for Applied Research (2016-2022)
- VEGA (Violence Evidence Guidance Action) - Experiences of identification and initial response to children's exposure to intimate partner violence: qualitative systematic review and thematic synthesis. Lewis N (PI), Feder G, Howarth E, Szilassy E, McTavish J, MacMillan H, Wathen N. Funder: Public Health Agency of Canada, Avon Primary Care Research Collaborative and NIHR Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care (NIHR CLAHRC) North Thames (2016-2017)
- Preventing the ripple-out effect: development of proactive support for the friends and family members of domestic violence survivors. Alison Gregory. Funder: Elizabeth Blackwell Institute as an Early Career Fellowship (2016-2017)
- IRIS ADViSE: Using sexual health services to support people who have experienced domestic violence and abuse. Jeremy Horwood, Sarah Blake and Gene Feder (University of Bristol), Neha Pathak, Alex Hardip Sohal and Chris Griffiths (Queen Mary University of London), Judith Berry and Jayne Bailey (University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, Bristol Sexual Health Centre) and Vanessa Apea (Barts Health NHS Trust, Sexual Health, London). Funded by NIHR Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care West and the Wellcome Trust
- PATH: Pilot for an individually randomised, parallel group controlled trial to determine if a psychological intervention delivered by domestic violence advocates is effective and cost-effective. G Feder, M Evans, R Agnew Davies, C Metters, F Saeed, D Sharp. NIHR School for Primary Care Research.
- VOICES (ViOlence: Impact on Children Evidence Synthesis) - the impact on children of exposure to domestic violence and the implications for a primary care response: a systematic review and secondary analysis of qualitative evidence, Alison Heawood (co-PI), Alison Gregory (co-PI), Gene Feder, Theresa Moore, Emma Howarth, Harriet Macmillan, Nicky Stanley.
- EOS: Experiences of Survivors - Domestic violence and abuse: hearing women's voices. Evans M.
- Preventing domestic abuse for all children. Hollinghurst S.
- Supporting the supporters: A study to investigate the needs of those informally supporting domestic violence survivors (friends, relatives and colleagues) and their interactions with helpline staff, Alison Gregory and Anna Taylor (Funded by: NIHR SPCR Primary Care Scientist Launching Fellowship)
- Longitudinal measurement of cortisol in association with mental health and experience of domestic violence and abuse (CEASE study). NIHR School for Primary Care Research. N Lokhmatkina, S Lightman, R Morris, V Powers, S Blake, G Feder. April - December 2012
On the outside looking in: the shared burden of domestic violence. A Gregory. PhD studentship funded by NIHR School for Primary Care Research. Supervisors: Gene Feder and Emma Williamson
LARA: Linking Abuse and Recovery through Advocacy - an observational study. L Howard, G Feder , R Agnew Davies. NIHR Research for Patient Benefit.
PROVIDE: improving the response of health services to domestic violence. G Feder, R Agnew Davies, L Bacchus, M Hester, S Hollinghurst, L Howard, T Peters, D Sharp, E Williamson. NIHR applied research programme grant.
PEACH: Scoping the evidence on preventive interventions in domestic abuse for children and young people in the general population. N Stanley, J Ellis, S Downe, S Hollinghurst, S Bailey. NIHR Public Health Research Programme
DREAM: Describing and reporting women's experiences of abuse measurement. M Evans, G Feder, A Malpass, E Howarth. NIHR Research for Patient Benefit
RESPONDS (Researching Education to Strengthen Primary care On Domestic violence & Safeguarding). Building the knowledge and practice gap between domestic violence and child safeguarding: developing training for general practice. G Feder, M Hester, N Stanley, K Hegarty, D Barran, E Szilassy, C Larkins, A Firth, J Drinkwater. DoH: Policy Research Programme
IMPROVE: Improving outcomes for children exposed to domestic violence. G Feder, M Hester, E Howarth, H MacMillan, N Stanley, N Welton, A Heawood, T Moore. NIHR