Childhood Health Research
- TEST (Trial of Eczema allergy Screening Tests): feasibility randomised controlled trial with economic scoping and nested qualitative study. Ridd M, Santer M, Boyle R, Chalmers J, Blair P, Heawood A, Coast J, Garfield K, Marriage D, Grimshaw K, Muller I, Kai J. NIHR School for Primary Care Research (October 2017-November 2019).
- Best Emollient in Eczema (BEE) study: Pragmatic, primary care, multi-centre, individually randomised superiority trial of four emollients in children with eczema, with internal pilot and nested qualitative study. Ridd M, Santer M, Thomas K, MacNeill S, Heawood A, Banks J, Roberts A, Garfield K, Baxter H, Barrett T, Lane A, Williams H, Hay A (May 2017-August 2020)
- Barrier Enhancement for Eczema Prevention (BEEP) study. Hywel Williams, Robert Boyle, Matthew Ridd, Jim Thornton, Sandra Lawton, Michael Cork, Eric Simpson, Sara Brown, Tracey Sach, Alan Montgomery, Joanne Chalmers, Kim Thomas. NIHR HTA.
- Eczema Care Online (ECO): Supporting self-care for eczema in the community. NIHR programme grant. Santer M, Thomas K T, Muller I, Ridd M, Chalmers J, Lawton S, Stuart B, Griffiths G, Sach T, Langan, Roberts A, Ahmed A, Kirk H, Yardley L, Little P, Williams H. September 2017-February 2023.
- CHICO. Hay et al
- The early use of antibiotics for at risk children with influenza in primary care (ARCHIE). A Harnden, A Hay. NIHR
- CEDAR - can anaesthetic ear drops be used to manage ear pain in children? A Hay, P Blair, W Hollingworth, J Horwood, N Francis, P Little, I Williamson, M Fletcher, M Lyttle, P Stoddart, D Nunez (2015 - 2017)
- Little P, Harnden A, Wang K, Verheij T, Butler C, Francis N, Hood K, Hay AD, Blair P, Moore M, Stuart B, Yao G, Sharland M, Faust S, Leydon G, Broekhuizen B, Read R. Antibiotics for lower Respiratory Tract Infection in Children presenting in Primary Care (ARTIC PC). NIHR HTA £1,590,327.80 01/10/2016 – 30/06/2019
- Hay AD, Cabral C, Schilder AGM, Horwood J, Prasad V, Wilkes S, Gallagher S, Morris R, Little P, Curcin V, Downing H, Delaney B, Lovering A, Noble S, Damoiseaux RAMJ, Venekamp RP, Nunez D, Francis N, Butler C, Moore MV. Runny Ear STudy: (REST) Immediate oral, immediate topical or delayed oral antibiotics for acute otitis media with discharge NIHR HTA £1,461,392. 01/01/2018 to 31/12/2020
- Bath Additives for Treatment of CHildhood Eczema (BATHE). Miriam Santer, Hywel Williams, Kim Thomas, Matthew Ridd, Nicholas Francis, Maria Chorozoglo, Amanda Roberts, Wendy Wood, Louise Stanton, Beth Stuart, Paul Little. NIHR HTA
- The CREAM study (ChildRen with Eczema Antibiotic Management). N Francis, F Sullivan, C Butler, K Hood, R Howe, D Cohen, M Kalavala, P Davey, M Ridd. NIHR HTA. Further information can be found on the project website: http://www.cream-study.co.uk/
- ComMando: Changing eating behaviours to treat childhood obesity in the community using Mandolean: the Community Mandolean randomised trial. J Hamilton-Shield, A Montgomery, K Turner, J Banks, S Hollinghurst, D Sharp, P Sodersten, T Marsh, J Mytton, P Rogers, J Brunstrom. NIHR HTA. Further information can be found on the project website: www.commandostudy.org.uk
- Active For Life Year 5: A cluster randomised controlled trial of a primary school-based intervention to increase levels of physical activity, decrease sedentary behaviour and improve diet. D Lawlor, R Kipping, R Jago, R Campbell, C Chittleborough, J Mytton, T Peters, S Noble. NIHR Public Health Research Programme. Further information can be found on the project website: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/social-community-medicine/projects/afl/
- Hay AD (PI), Montgomery A, Peters T, Emond A, Schroeder K, Weiss M, Fletcher M, Hollinghurst S and Higginson I. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen for Treatment of fever in CHildren (PITCH): a randomised controlled trial. Health Technology Assessment Programme. £608,637: 1/12/04 to 30/11/07.
- Exploring urgent care service use by children with asthma in Bristol - M Chalder, S Purdy, A Heawood, B Dangerfield, funded by Avon Primary Care Research Collaborative RCF
- Exploring adolescents' views of treatment options for type 2 diabetes: a qualitative study. K Turner, J Shield, T Barrett, D Dunger and T Olbers. Diabetes UK.
- Evidence based intervention for pre-school children with primary speech and language impairment. S Roulstone, L Lascelles, J Coad, N Daykin, A Emond, J Goldbart, J Moultrie, J Marshall, T Peters, J Pollock, J Powell, Y Wren, C Fernandes, W Hollingworth. NIHR Programme Grant for Applied Research
- PEACH: Scoping the evidence on preventive interventions in domestic abuse for children and young people in the general population. N Stanley, J Ellis, S Downe, S Hollinghurst, S Bailey. NIHR Public Health Research Programme
- IMPROVE: An overview of interventions aimed at improving outcomes for children exposed to domestic violence: systematic review, evidence synthesis and research recommendations. G Feder, M Hester, E Howarth, N Welton, H MacMillan, N Stanley. NIHR
- TEAMPLAY: Parents and children partnering for healthy lifestyles. R Jago, K Fox, S Stewart-Brown, K Turner, and P Lucas. British Heart Foundation
- Self-harm with and without suicidal intent in adolescence: causes and consequences - the ALSPAC cohort. DGunnell, G Lewis, K Hawton, J Heron, J Macleod, C Crane, K Tilling, G Davey Smith. MRC
- Hay AD (CI), Little P, Delaney B, Peters T, Lovering A, Lucas P, Horwood J, Ingram J, Thompson M, Blair P, Muir P, Hollinghurst S, Mulvenna S, Brindle P and Fletcher M. TARGET: Improving the care of children with respiratory tract infections in primary care. NIHR Programme Grant for Applied Research. £2,058,032; 1/7/2010 to 31/05/2016.
- Hay AD (co-CI), C Butler (co-CI), Little P, Hood K, Macgowan A, Sterne J, Hollingworth W, Howe R, Whiting P, O’Brien K, Dudley J, van de Voort J, Montgomery A, Benger J, Fletcher M, Brindle P and Delaney B. The Diagnosis of Urinary Tract infection in Young children (DUTY) study. NIHR Health Technology Assessment Programme, £3,255,155: 1/1/10 to 31/12/12.