Quantum Tricritical Points 11 September 2017 Dr Sven Friedemann of the Correlated Electron Group at the University of Bristol, together with collaborators, has found a new phase transition in a ferromagnet at zero temperatures.
- Revisting Quantum Teleportation 17 October 2017 Dr. Paul Skrzypczyk of the Quantum Information and Foundations group at University of Bristol, together with collaborators from ICFO – The Institute for Photonic Sciences, Barcelona, have shed new light on quantum teleportation.
- University spin-outs announced as winners of major venture capital initiative 17 October 2017 Two University of Bristol spin-out companies, Zeetta Networks and KETS Quantum Security, have been announced as winners of a major venture capital initiative led by BT, the Telecom Infra Project (TIP) and Facebook, which will provide them with access to investors with funds totalling £125 million.
- Nanoantenna arrays power a new generation of fluorescence-based sensors 17 October 2017 Researchers from the Universities of Bristol and Bedfordshire, in collaboration with multinational company ABB, have designed and tested a series of plasmonic nanoantenna arrays that could lead to the development of a new generation of ultrasensitive and low-cost fluorescence sensors that could be used to monitor water quality.
- UK invests in giant underground neutrino detector 11 October 2017 The UK government has announced a £65 million strategic investment in the next generation of particle physics experiments.
- Bristol scientists pinpoint the singularity for quantum computers 11 October 2017 Researchers from the University of Bristol have discovered that super-powerful quantum computers, which scientists and engineers across the world are racing to build, need to be even more powerful than previously thought before they can beat today’s ordinary PCs.
- Quantum Technology Enterprise Centre relocates to Bristol Science Incubator, Unit DX 11 October 2017 Last week, the new group of Quantum technology Enterprise Centre (QTEC) Fellows began their 2017/18 programme of MBA level training alongside other local sci-tech start-ups at Bristol Science Incubator, Unit DX.
- Bristol Centre for Functional Nanomaterials Annual Conference 2017 4 October 2017 BCFN take their conference to the Zoo!
- BCFN student Laura fox wins prize at ECIS Conference 22 September 2017
- INASCON 2017 a great success! 22 September 2017
- Quantum Tricritical Points 11 September 2017 Dr Sven Friedemann of the Correlated Electron Group at the University of Bristol, together with collaborators, has found a new phase transition in a ferromagnet at zero temperatures.