About NSQI - Building Specifications
NSQI labs are ideally suited for experiments where background interference is a barrier to sensitive research. Researchers benefit from using a building with a mix of laboratory types all within a highly engineered surrounding:
- Exceptionally stable floor systems
- A highly rigid building frame
- Advance modelling of the foundations flexure nodes
- Decoupling of vibration generators such as plant machinery
- 24/7 environmental stability
- Electromagnetic shielding
- Low levels of airborne dust
- Individual temperature control
- Controllable airflow
- Clean power/earth systems
- Optional process chilled water
- Clean compressed air
- Low Noise Labs (LNLs) exceed the standard VC-G specification for specialist nanoscale operations.
The NSQI is managed by the School of Physics, but is a University-wide resource for anyone working in nanoscience or quantum information. The centre has housed projects from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology & Pharmacology, Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics and Electrical Engineering.
Using the NSQI
Further information for new applicants, users and visitors to NSQI
Find out more about key contacts and how to find us.