Things we are celebrating this week...
11 May 2018
- Congratulations to Andy Doherty and David Sheppard who have been nominated for the Students’ Award for Outstanding Teaching in the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences at the 2018 Bristol Teaching Awards.
- Dawn Davies been appointed as the Faculty Widening Participation Officer for the new Faculty of Life Sciences - congratulations Dawn!
- Dr James Hodge is running a public engagement in science event with Guerilla Science at the Eden Project entitled “Mutant circus” 24-27 May 2018. He will set up a mobile fly lab and give a talk and demonstration of Drosophila mutants, experiments and research in his lab. He will lead a team of actors dressed and in the character of famous Drosophila mutants and will perform a DJ set as Dr Fly in the Geodome each day.
- Beck Richardson has received a BHF studentship award for Aaron Scott to do a PhD in her lab investigating endogenous cardiovascular vesicles in zebrafish. This award is joint with Costanza Emanueli and Harry Mellor. Fantastic!
- James Hodge has also received an Alzheimer’s Society Undergraduate Grant with James Charlick, for £2100 for the duration of 8 weeks - modelling the relationship between sleep and memory in Alzheimer’s disease using Drosophila.