Teachers and advisers
Schools and colleges
Open days are a great opportunity to bring a group of students to visit the University. More information on bringing students to our next open days will be available in Spring 2017.
Preparing your students for an open day
To ensure students get the most out of the day, encourage them to take the following steps beforehand:
- Look at the University's website and course finder to make sure we offer a course that interests them.
- Look at our open days factsheet (PDF, 338kB) for advice on how to get the most out of an open day.
- Think about the university experience as a whole. What will it be like living in Bristol? Is it too far from, or too close to, home? Are they serious about applying to Bristol before they book onto an open day? What do they want to know about the city?
- Plan their day - the programme, emailed to students when they book their place, will help them plan what they want to do while they are here.
- Think of some questions in advance; your students will be able to talk to academics and current students.
- Find out what they need to bring on the day. This information will be available when booking opens for the June open days.
Further outreach opportunities
The University is committed to working with schools and colleges throughout the UK to encourage young people to think about higher education.
This involves working with schools and colleges at higher education and careers fairs, giving talks to staff, students and parents, and supporting candidates through the application process.