Neuroscience is a highly dynamic field of research - BN constantly evolves in response to the changing needs and developments of the neuroscience community it serves.
Download hi-res logo for printing
Bristol Neuroscience (BN) was founded by the University of Bristol
in 2003 to ensure that all neuroscientists in Bristol could benefit from the wide cross-disciplinary expertise and facilities in the University and its partner hospitals.
BN has since become a model for other cities across the UK; sister 'City Neuroscience' schemes now exist at Cambridge, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Oxford, UCL - and beyond.
Bristol Neuroscience -
- Promotes interdisciplinary dialogue and research
- Identifies and supports new research opportunities
- Enables the large local neuroscience community to make strategic plans for the future
- Has a strong committment to engaging the wider community in neuroscience research and medicine
- Represents local neuroscience to external bodies, such as industry, funders, and other Universities
- Provides a single point of contact for anyone interested in neuroscience - students, researchers, journalists, patients, carers and the general public
We hope you enjoy finding out more about our work from this site - do please get in touch with questions, comments, or if you would like to work with BN in future.