University Baroque Ensemble
- Auditioned: Audition required
- Director: Stephen Nurse
- Assistant Director: James Russell
- Rehearsals: Thursdays 5.00 - 7.00 pm, Victoria Rooms (From 28 September)
The Ensemble is a small, auditioned group dedicated to performing baroque repertoire to the highest standard. The group will perform a concert of Concerti Grossi (featuring Corelli and Handel) in November, followed by a Christmas concert of choral music by Bach.
Music Theatre Bristol (MTB)
- Auditioned: Audition required (singers and instrumentalists are auditioned for each production: instrumentalists are encouraged to email their interest and availability)
- President: Georgia Stewardson
- Rehearsals: to be arranged
Music Theatre Bristol is one of the largest performing arts societies and provides numerous opportunities to get involved as a performer or as part of the band/orchestra. This year we will be putting on regular cabaret nights as well as full length productions. In term one, we have a 48 hour musical project during week 2 and will also be putting on Showcase in week 5, which includes extracts from Billy Elliot, The Book of Mormon and High School Musical. MTB will be putting on their main show (tbc) in February 2018. This will require a full orchestra as well as a large cast so we would love you to get involved!
Find us at FRESH 2017 or email email@example.com.
Bristol University Operatic Society (BOpS)
- Auditioned: Audition required (separate auditions of both singers and instrumentalists for each production)
- President: Maya Colwell
BOpS is a flourishing society giving students a unique opportunity to experience opera on a first-hand basis. Whether as singers, musicians, directors or producers, we offer the chance to get involved whatever your previous experience. This year BOpS will be putting on Mozart's Don Giovanni in the spring term, and two operas (Gilbert and Sullivan's HMS Pinafore and one modern composition) in a festival in the autumn term, along with a number of gala concerts.
Find us at FRESH 2017 or email firstname.lastname@example.org