Statistical Methods for Mediation Analysis
7 - 8 June 2018.
2 days (approximately 14 hours teaching).
Registration will start at 9am on the first day, the course will finish by 4.30pm on the final day.
To provide an understanding of the statistical principles behind, and the practical application of, mediation analyses in epidemiology.
By the end of the course, students will:
- be aware of traditional and counterfactual approaches to mediation analysis and the assumptions underlying these methods;
- have a working knowledge of the Stata commands to run models for traditional and counterfactual approaches to mediation analysis;
- be able to carry out mediation analysis in the presence of exposure-mediator interaction;
- understand the implications of measurement error and unmeasured confounding for mediation analysis;
- be aware of advanced topics in mediation (e.g. instrumental variable methods, methods for multiple mediators).
Who the course is intended for
Medical statisticians, and epidemiologists with a quantitative background and knowledge of linear and logistic regression.
Prerequisites: Participants should have knowledge of regression analyses and their implementation in Stata of at least the level achieved in the 'Introduction to Linear and Logistic Regression Models' short course.
- Review and critique traditional methods for mediation analyses.
- Describe counterfactual-based approaches to mediation analysis.
- Describe methods for mediation analysis in the presence of exposure-mediator interactions.
- Demonstrate the impact of measurement error and unmeasured confounding on mediation analysis.
- Introduce advanced topics in mediation analysis.
Please note: Practical sessions of this course will be held in a computer lab, so you will not need to bring a laptop. Stata version 14 will be used during the course.
More information on course fees, fee waivers and reduced prices.
Bristol Medical School
39 Whatley Road
We provide morning and afternoon refreshment breaks, including tea and coffee, biscuits and fresh fruit.
If you have specific dietary needs we ask that you let us know in advance.
Lunch is not included. There are a range of local cafes and supermarkets nearby for students to purchase lunch.
Information about accommodation in the area.
Related short courses
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.