Questionnaire Design, Application and Data Interpretation
13 - 15 March 2018.
3 days (approximately 18 hours teaching).
Registration will start at 8.30am on the first day, the course will finish by 4pm on the final day.
FULLY BOOKED, waiting lists in operation.
More information on course fees, fee waivers and reduced prices.
To provide a theoretical and practical introduction to questionnaire design, application and data interpretation.
By the end of the course participants will understand:
- the key aspects of questionnaire design including developing and evaluating a scale using qualitative and quantitative approaches;
- administering questionnaires and maximising response rates across a range of health care settings;
- handling questionnaire data;
- exploring and analysing qualitative and quantitative questionnaire data.
Who the course is intended for
This course is intended for researchers, public health specialists, clinicians and other health care professionals who want to design and/or use questionnaires in a health care setting, or understand the processes involved in questionnaire design, application and interpretation.
- Questionnaire construction: using qualitative methods to inform content and design, developing indicators for concepts to be measured, question type, wording and layout, using standardised measures, piloting, electronic questionnaires.
- Using qualitative and quantitative methods to assess the reliability of scales, validity and sensitivity to change and evaluating multi-item scales, including an introduction to factor analysis.
- Questionnaire application: choosing a questionnaire, maximising response rates, case histories
- Using different technologies for questionnaire administration.
- Direct data entry methods.
- Qualitative analysis of open responses.
- Quantitative data management, data coding, cleaning and exploratory analyses.
- Publication of questionnaire development and use.
Bristol Medical School
39 Whatley Road
We provide morning and afternoon refreshment breaks, including tea and coffee, biscuits and fresh fruit.
If you have specific dietary needs we ask that you let us know in advance.
Lunch is not included. There are a range of local cafes and supermarkets nearby for students to purchase lunch.
Information about accommodation in the area.
Related short courses
For further information please email email@example.com.