Advanced Multiple Imputation Methods to deal with Missing Data
17 May 2019
1 day (approximately 6 hours of teaching).
Registration will start at 8.45am, the course will finish by 5pm.
Make a booking
Bookings are now open for this course.
This course aims to extend the application of multiple imputation methods to deal with missing data in complex analyses, including longitudinal models and clustered data.
By the end of the course participants will be able to explore advanced multiple imputation methods when the substantive analysis of interest:
- includes non-normally distributed continuous variables, interactions and non-linear term
- is a survival model
- is a multilevel model
Who the course is intended for
The course is intended for statisticians, health economists, epidemiologists and other researchers who are involved in performing statistical analyses of epidemiological datasets with missing data. Participants should be familiar with: the concept of multiple imputation, and have used it in practice; standard regression methods for dichotomous and continuous outcomes beyond the basic introductory level; and using Stata as the software package for statistical analyses of the data.
This course builds on prior knowledge of multiple imputation for dealing with missing data, and extends this to the application of multiple imputation in complex analyses.
The course will include:
- brief revision of theory and practice of multiple imputation in simple scenarios
- guidance on specification of the functional form of the imputation model when the substantive analysis of interest includes non-normally distributed continuous variables, interactions and non-linear terms
- Multiple imputation and survival analyses
- Multiple imputation and analyses of longitudinal data and clustered data
- Interactive practical sessions
Please note: Practical sessions of this course will be held in a computer lab, so you will not need to bring a laptop. Stata 15, Stat-JR, REALCOM-Impute and R will be used during the course.
More information on course fees, fee waivers and reduced prices.
Bristol Medical School
39 Whatley Road
We provide morning and afternoon refreshment breaks, including tea and coffee, biscuits and fresh fruit.
If you have specific dietary needs we ask that you let us know in advance.
Lunch is not included. There are a range of local cafes and supermarkets nearby for students to purchase lunch.
Related short courses
For further information please email email@example.com.