Postgraduate Open Day
Unfortunately our open day for September 2019 entry has now passed - Wednesday 21 November 2018 - when we hosted a number of talks in the School of Mathematics outlining our postgraduate research and taught programmes.
As part of our PhD selection process, you may be invited to an interview day at the School of Mathematics. A typical schedule would include
- Meeting the Admissions Tutor
- Individual meetings with potential supervisors to discuss research interests and projects
- Lunch with some PGR students
- Brief tour of the university to get a feel of the campus
- Attend a research seminar as an audience member
- Enjoy post-seminar refreshments with academic staff and PhD students
- Give feedback to the Admissions Tutor
For interviewed UK applicants, we provide funding towards travel costs with lunch/refreshments included.
For EU and international applicants, we also arrange skype interviews to discuss research interests and projects with potential supervisors.
If you wish to visit the School of Mathematics, please contact email@example.com
Connect with us
Applying for your first degree?
If you are applying for your first degree (eg. BA, BSc), please see information about the undergraduate open days.
Find out more about the Women in Mathematics event running 7-8 November 2017 to encourage female, and those who identify as female, mathematics students from across the UK to consider continuing their studies to PhD level.