The thesis collection in the Arts and Social Sciences Library includes theses from
- Arts Faculty
- Social Sciences and Law Faculty
- Physics Department
- Maths Department
- Biological Sciences Department
- Geography Department
- Agricultural Science Department
- School for Policy Studies
Note: MA, MSc, MPhil and MLitts do not have to be deposited with the Library under the Regulations, so our collections of these are incomplete
How do I find a thesis?
Use the catalogue to find details of a particular thesis, including its number:
- the online catalogue has details of those from 1978 to date
There are also thesis lists by the thesis cupboards on the first floor.
Further advice is available on the How to find a particular thesis or dissertation page.
How do I consult a thesis?
- find the thesis number in the online catalogue.
- go to the Issue Desk on the Ground floor and complete a request in the Thesis Request folder. Collections are made after 3.30pm Monday to Friday and by special request on Saturday. Please contact the Issue Desk (tel. (0117) 928 8000; email: firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance if you are making a special journey and would like to consult a thesis ensuring adequate time for the item/s you require to be collected.
Note: thesis loans are for use in the Arts and Social Sciences Library only