Physiology, pharmacology and neuroscience
Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 331 1504 | Internal 11504
Contact me if you would like some advice. I can help you to:
Key subject resources
- Medline (on OvidSP) - covers the international literature on bioMedicine, including the allied health fields and the biological and physical sciences, humanities, and information science as they relate to Medicine and health care.
- PubMed, including Medline - a service of the US National Library of Medicine that includes millions of citations from Medline and other life science journals for biomedical articles back to 1948; links to full text articles and other related resources, including records from in Medline In Process (which is searchable through OvidSP); plus some Chemistry and other non-medical science titles which do not have MeSH subject headings.
- Embase - provides access to the bibliographic Excerpta medica database and covers approximately 3,500 international journals from 110 countries, with Data going back to 1980.
- Scopus - large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, including: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings across the fields of science, technology, Medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- Web of Science: Core Collection - databases available within the Web of Science Core Collection: Science Citation Index (1900-, with 1900-1945 limited to c.250 core journals); Social sciences Citation Index (1956-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (1990-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (1990-)
Skills and training
Your Subject Librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides to searching key databases are available on Blackboard. Your Subject Librarian is also able to give help and advice about individual databases and searching in general.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.