Location of print resources
- Past exam papers: located on first floor and available for photocopying
- PhD theses: ask at the ground floor Information Desk for access
The Medical Library holds other materials of interest, including ethics
- Archelogos Project - Archelogos is an electronic database which contains all the philosophical arguments found in the works of Plato and Aristotle.
- Dissertation Express - a searchable index providing brief citation details to Dissertation Abstracts International. You can choose to personally purchase the full text of dissertations/theses you require or you can request them via our Inter-Library Loans Service.
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy - founded in 1995 for the purpose of providing detailed, scholarly information on key topics and philosophers in all areas of philosophy. The submission and review process of articles is the same as that with printed philosophy journals, books and reference works.
- Standford Encyclopedia of Philosophy - designed from its inception (September 1995) as a dynamic reference work, with each entry is maintained and kept up to date by an expert or group of experts in the field.
Get expert advice and support from your subject librarian.
Support for members of academic teaching staff, who would like to create an online reading list for their course unit.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.
If items are in particularly high demand, please use our 1 day loan request form (Office document, 15kB) to request that they are transferred to 1 day loan.