History of art resources
Location of print resources
Most of the print resources for your subject are found on the first floor of the Arts and Social Sciences Library. Use Library Search to find the classmark for an item, and to search for books and other materials.
- Past exam papers: located on first floor and available for photocopying
- PhD theses: ask at the ground floor Information Desk for access
- A & A Art and Architecture - provides access to 40,000 digitised images of paintings, drawings and prints and photographs of architecture and sculpture from the Courtauld Institute's collections.
- Art UK - a comprehensive guide to the art collections of the UK.
- Artists’ Papers Register - an online register of papers and primary sources relating to artists, designers and craftspeople located in publicly accessible collections in the United Kingdom.
- Bibliography of the History of Art (BHA) and Répertoire de la litterature de l'art (RILA) - citation databases, searchable together, covering material published between 1975 and 2007.
- International Directory of Medievalists - a database of medieval studies scholars in over 70 countries, on Brepolis.
- VADS (Visual Arts Data Service) - a portfolio of visual art collections comprising over 100,000 images that are freely available and copyright cleared for use in teaching, learning and research in the UK. VADS also offers advice and guidance to the visual arts research, teaching and learning communities on all aspects of digital resource management from funding, through delivery and use, to preservation.
Get expert advice and support from your subject librarian.
Support for members of academic teaching staff, who would like to create an online reading list for their course unit.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.
If items are in particularly high demand, please use our 1 day loan request form (Office document, 15kB) to request that they are transferred to 1 day loan.